Braeburn Manor specializes in care specifically for those with Alzheimer's or related dementias, but is happy to assist in these and other extenuating circumstances:
- Dementias induced from temporary illness, surgery, or accident
- Requiring assistance with balance, mobility and using canes, walkers, or wheelchairs
- Incontinent, frail or needing assistance and supervision with activities of daily living
- Visually or hearing impaired
- Experiencing memory loss, dementia, Alzheimer's, confusion, wandering or depression
Our services are based on family requests, needs, pre-admission assessment, and subsequent evaluation. These services include:
- Assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, feeding, incontinence, walking, and activities of daily living
- Continuous care by trained staff, supervision, and monitoring 24-hours a day, and observation for changes in physical, mental, emotional, and social functioning
- Bedside care for temporary illnesses, recovery from surgery, or accidents
- Continuous communication with family, physicians, and other appropriate persons or agencies regarding a resident’s needs
- Mental health care and counseling
- Medication management including assistance with ordering, safe storage, and taking of prescribed & over-the-counter medications in accordance with physician’s instructions
- Assistance obtaining necessary medical and dental needs
- A planned social and recreational activities program including arrangement for utilization of available community and facility resources
- Health promotion and exercise programs
- Comfortable and tasteful furniture (bedroom furniture supplied by family member unless requested otherwise), fresh linens and towels
- Daily cleaning, maintenance, and housecleaning services
- Arrangement for in-house (or transportation to) medical and dental appointments
- 24-hour security and staff availability
- Complete laundry of personal clothing
- A spacious private or semi-private bedroom
- Secured yard, and garden areas
- Warm, sunshine-filled sitting area
- Customized security and fire protection systems
- Private visitation areas
We serve three home-cooked meals every day along with nourishment supplements and snacks between meals. Our meals are well-balanced, healthy and delicious. Often times we are joined by family members and guests who are always welcome in our home. We accommodate special diets as prescribed by a physician or by personal, cultural, and religious preferences.
Our weekly menu focuses on the four essential food groups that keep the body well.
- Fresh Fruits and Vegetables
- Whole Grain, Enriched Breads, and Cereals
- Milk and Dairy Products
- Fish, Poultry, and Lean Meats
Social and Recreational Activities:
For the residents, Braeburn Manor is a welcome solution for someone who needs 24-hour a day care. The basic needs of your loved ones are met, while at the same time the highest standard of living is obtained – a standard of living that the resident deserves, not simply artificial activities to keep them busy. Baking, gardening, and other activities that would not be possible in other settings may still be enjoyed by our residents.
We offer a planned schedule of activities that makes use of the resources of our homes and the beautiful surroundings of our neighborhood.
Our Facility is equipped with magnetic door locks to prevent wandering.
Braeburn Manor has gone to great lengths to provide a mode of care that is uniquely tailored to the special needs of the Alzheimer’s victim. We are concerned with every phase of the resident’s needs (physical, emotional, and social). We work to restore and support the resident’s self esteem, dignity, and the resumption of as many of the daily personal tasks of which the resident is capable. Surrounded by family treasures and memories, the residents live in the comfort and privacy of their own rooms in a spacious, one level home with built-in security features and roomy backyard.
They bond with and enjoy the companionship of other residents and inevitably form a “family feeling” that eliminates the loneliness or isolation often experienced in institutional settings. They enjoy luxury accommodations including exquisite furnishings in this fine home.